It is not always the flyers fault that she hurts her bases or falls straight to the floor. Some bases may grab the wrong grip on the flyers foot or may dip unevenly to start off a basket toss. For example, a problem that may cause a flyer to freak out in the air is that the bases are not the same height or far away from their flyer. This can cause an uncomfortable position for the flyer and failure to toss her in the basket.
Teamwork is a big factor in holding a stunt in the air. The bases, as well as the flyers, have to put forth their maximum effort to achieve and master the stunt. Flyers need to stay tight and pull their body position, like a heel stretch or a scorpion. They also need to lean on the foot the bases are supporting and square off their hips. Bases need to make sure they are not twisting the flyers foot or leaning away from the flyers. If this determination and hard work is accomplished, the stunt group would be able to ace any type of building skill possible.
I like the way you include cheerleading terms and also how you walk us through the steps for a type of stunt. One step of a cheerleader is always a risk, you must completely trust your teammates at all times. I also like the way you include a few pictures for each post, its always nice to have a visual view.
ReplyDeleteI've always known cheerleading is a hard sport to execute (BRING IT ON, anyone?)but I never figured it to be that bad. I guess I never knew cheerleaders took hits like football players. Now I'll give you guys credit for sure.
ReplyDelete